Saturday, June 7, 2014

MICROSOFT AND ME


Dear friends,

                  Microsoft has given a painless task of blogging but the subject is really arduous. "How Microsoft impacted you and how you plan to bring a change to the society being a Microsoft Student Associate?" This sounds quite interesting but I am really confused what to pen and what not to pen because Microsoft has filled my life and it's an indistinguishable part of my life. It will be the same for many others I believe. I thank Microsoft from the very depth of my heart for creating an opportunity for the aspiring students like me, through this Microsoft Student Associate program. I see it as a step closer towards joining the empowering technical journey with Microsoft for the rest of my life.



MY LIFE WITH MICROSOFT

                     What more can one achieve materially than to conquer the world? Alas, the world was too big to even imagine, right? Well! Not anymore!!! MS Windows literally became a window to the world. With Windows, I felt that the world had suddenly shrunk and it got fit into my home. Are you wondering how?

  • It was on my desk. 



  • It was on my lap. 

  • Now, It is in my hand. 


  • And, I hope that in near future, Microsoft will deliver the world even closer to me probably in the form of an eye chip. 



                            
                               Microsoft has not only influenced me but it has a little something for every member in my family. My two year old daughter plays games on my windows phone. My nephew has his Xbox. Windows 8 is my latest window to the world. MS Office suite drives my husband’s work/business. Skype has shrunk the world for me and my parents such that the long distance doesn't matter. Every moment of our life is influenced by Microsoft. So it’s quite natural that we are in love with it.Microsoft has upgraded itself through the decades without letting the craze for it cease. Who else other than Microsoft can be Herculean to withstand this transient world of technology?


MY CONTRIBUTION

                               By becoming a Student Associate for Microsoft, I would serve as an evangelist for a myriad of Microsoft products. I will give my best to promote them. I would spread awareness by arranging technology events and discussions in my University. I would address the larger audience via blogging and social media. Also in line with the DigiGirlz initiative of Microsoft, I would give additional focus to increase the representation of women in Microsoft technologies. I will contribute my best to be a catalyst for the development of women by empowering them with different Microsoft products as per their need.

                               Also, I would like to emphasize the need to start buying Microsoft products. Like many, I started with the pirated version, but now we are one among the licensed users of Windows 7,8 and the Office suite around the world. I encourage everyone to do the same, not because of its use to us , but because it is the right thing to do.

                              Finally, I would like to say a few words about the man who made it all possible. From his humble beginnings as a whiz kid to a statesman-philanthropist, today Bill Gates is a complete man. Once he had quoted, “I want to admit that I am an optimist. Any tough problem, I think it can be solved”. Naturally being an optimist myself, I draw strength from his words. It is with this optimism and strength, I am waiting to start my journey as a Microsoft Student Associate.

                              I think it will be fitting to end this article with the immortal words of the contagiously enthusiastic Steve Balmer, 'I LOVE THIS COMPANY'.


No comments:

Post a Comment