Sunday, August 11, 2013

My Catalyst

                                                   Welcome back my dear friends..... Even before starting to blog, the idea of expressing my gratitude to my guruji in words was deep inside my heart. This creation of blog has paved way for that. I feel really proud to write about him. Dusting my old memories,let me start here.

                                                    It was in 2005, I completed my school education. Days were so long while waiting for the results. Then,I was attracted to an advertisement and approached a popular training institute with the motto of learning the 'C' programming language in the days before entering the college. At that point of time, I don't even know what a language is, what a syntax is, what a statement is and not even an alphabet of programming. Imagining something like a drag and drop tool or something  visually attractive to work, I was waiting in the laboratory of the training institute staring at the monitors of others who were working with colorful photos in Adobe Photoshop. To my great disappointment, my instructor opened a blue colored screen without any visual treat and started to code. That was something which I didn't expect and moreover not a byte or bit of information has reached my grey matter. That was a mere waste of time and money however I enjoyed those days making fun of others who come to that institute. Learning 'C' programming seemed like climbing an Everest to me.

                                                After getting admitted to a meritorious college to pursue my engineering, I concentrated mainly in making new friends, chatting with them, watching movies and so on. One fine day, I happened to have a look on my first semester syllabus and fainted right then. Can you guess the reason for my fainting? Yes. 'C' Programming was listed boldly in the sheet. I was really frustrated by the thought of that blue screen again. As I have gained a number of friends, one of them uttered the name of this person for the first time to me and suggested me to undergo a 'C' course in his institute. At once,I screamed "No......." How could I manage to withstand that screen,code,syntax ,... again?? Is that not a punishment for me? What the sin have I committed to be punished in such a way? All these thoughts filled my mind but in some corner of my heart , I had this strange feeling to do what my friend suggested.

                                               The following weekend, five of my friends approached the institute where my another friend had referred to and asked the trainer for a fast track course on 'C' programming. Luckily,we had a vacation for about a week and so we started the course on that very same day. Cursing my situation, I was just waiting for my session to get started. There came that magical person and started our course with the question "What is a computer?" The day was completed video recorded in my memory. I was taken aback on seeing the way he started,proceeded and finally landing on to the core part of the syllabus. Who in earth would inscribe 'C' in your memory other than Mr.Lakshmanan sir of iTech,Thanjavur. Yes. It is the name of that magical person whom I started to tell about. This photograph can give a wild guess on the style of his teaching I guess. Believe it or not, he really possess impeccable teaching capability.




                                       From that very particular day, I really started loving 'C' and not only 'C' but also, I started to love programming. This is how I entered iTech Computer Education in 2005. I guess none but him could lucidly explain a programming language without even a computer. With his guidance and blessings, I got placed in TCS. It was much more interesting when I was waiting for the call letter after completing my degree. I used to be in iTech the entire day learning new programming stuffs, chatting and enjoying with friends. One peculiar thing about our sir is that he become younger every year while we get older. Such an attitude he has. His social attitude is admirable. His helping tendency is adorable. His power of motivating the students is immeasurable. Years rolled by after entering TCS followed by my marriage. Before six months, when I planned to continue my career the first person I thought of discussing this was with my guruji.

                                       Since I had a great interest in coding which was an outcome of his teaching, I thought of learning Application development and when I called and asked him for that, he just smiled  and replied," Come.Lets see". I was unaware of the hidden message under his smile and this casual answer then. It was roughly on the first week of July, I started learning the fundamentals of Application Development. I had registered for the iTech Workshop 2013 on Application development. But, to everyone's surprise, guruji Lakshman sir had transformed me into a faculty for the same workshop for what I had registered as a student. Who could dare to do this miracle other than Laksh sir???? He had trusted me too much to give an opportunity to take a seminar for the postgraduate students of Annai Group of Institutions. 



                                         


                                                I myself could not believe whether this was the original Karthika I had seen a few months back who had a break in her studies, her job and because of which had a trace of fear regarding her career. A drastic change in me,right? I was just loaded with a complete package of confidence in order to invoke a  job object of the placement class. Thank you very much sir. I am always grateful to you. I am blessed generously by God to have such a mentor in my life. I dedicate the fame and name I have earned in our workshop to the Master Mind Guruji Lakshman Sir. Thanks for choosing me as your student sir. With gratitude forever.....

                                               

1 comment: